The Amazon Kindle Fire HDX is a great device in hardware at a fabulous price. I also do love all that Amazon offers but their software is limited. Specially the exclusion of Google Play store and its apps is very frustrating to many Kindle owners. The Kindle Fire HDX has been the most locked down and toughest of the Kindle’s to crack. But luckily there are talented developers in Android and root has been gained. After root comes Safestrap by Hashcode which will let you create rom slots to flash stock or other roms.
Safestrap is the only safe way to modify the Kindle as doing anything on stock can lead to a brick that is not recoverable. Trust someone who has already bricked their Kindle. So checkout the video below that walks you through the use of Safestrap and creating rom slots. You can now also flash GAPPS to get Play Store working. We are also not far away from custom rom’s that will be available for the device. It’s exciting times for the Kindle Fire HDX. Enjoy and happy holidays to everyone. Leave a comment if you have any questions.
Latest posts by Arash Soheili (see all)
- AllCast App Comes to Amazon Fire TV - April 19, 2014
- Google I/O 2014 Registration - April 15, 2014
- One Day Chance to Become a Glass Explorer on April 15th - April 10, 2014
- The Cleaner App Review – Free Up Memory and Storage - April 9, 2014
- Amazon Fire TV Info - April 7, 2014