Now that the Kindle Fire HDX is out and in my hands, I’ve had a chance to tinker with it. Although the device is really amazing as usual the one major issue is the lack of Google apps. There is no official access to Google products and to add Google apps. But then that’s why we’re here to help you get the most out of your new Kindle Fire HDX. I’ve successfully been able to add my Google account and get some apps to work. This doesn’t require root and won’t void your warranty. Here are instructions on how to add Google account to Kindle Fire HDX.
- Download and install ES File Explorer from the Amazon Appstore (download).
- On your Kindle go into setting under Applications and turn on at the top Apps from Unknown Sources (pic).
- Download the following files and transfer to your Kindle via USB connection to your PC. I recommend copying to the “download” folder of the Kindle Fire HDX. Google Account Manager | Google Play Services | Google Service Framework | Gmail
- Using ES File explorer app, navigate to the folder of the files and tap to install Google Account Manager.
- Reboot the Kindle by turning off then on.
- Install Google Services Framework.
- Install Google Play Services.
- Install Gmail.
Now open the Gmail app and it will ask you to add your account. After that you should be good to go. You may see some errors during the process which you can ignore. You may also see errors later if rebooting but you can also ignore as well. Now you can install other Google apps here. So far Chrome works with Sign-in but I have not been able to get YouTube to work with the account. Also Google+ has not been working at all. Enjoy and I we’ll be bringing your more Kindle Fire HDX information so stay tuned and leave us your questions in the comment section.
Latest posts by Arash Soheili (see all)
- MobileGo for Android: Android SMS Manager and More - July 21, 2014
- How to Install Android L Preview on Nexus Devices - July 3, 2014
- Google I/O 2014 Starts Today - June 25, 2014
- Google Releases Stock Email App on Google Play Store - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 Specs and Preorder Links - June 15, 2014