The future of Google Glass looks a bit brighter today as it was announced that Google Ventures is teaming up with Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers to form Glass Collective. The three venture firms will provide investment for startups working on ideas for Google Glass. As it states in the announcement they are looking for creative, diverse, and crazy ideas that shape the future of glass. The investment money will currently be restricted to the US and can include both software and hardware.
In any new technology these days it seems like external apps and third-party support is the key to growing any platform. It will be no use to have Google Glass if there are limited apps and things that you can do with it. Therefore this announcement is really exciting as it means that most likely by the time Glass become commercially available there will be some app development. I’m also super happy to hear about this since I’m a glass explorer myself and look forward to all the cool ideas and apps that will be developed. There has already been some preliminary funding announced like Twitter which makes since. Google Glass is going to be an exciting project and I really look forward to it.
Source: Glass Collective
Latest posts by Arash Soheili (see all)
- MobileGo for Android: Android SMS Manager and More - July 21, 2014
- How to Install Android L Preview on Nexus Devices - July 3, 2014
- Google I/O 2014 Starts Today - June 25, 2014
- Google Releases Stock Email App on Google Play Store - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 Specs and Preorder Links - June 15, 2014