The auto backup feature in Googles Photo app is very useful. If you’re like me then you probably backup all your photos to Google but find that your phone also backs up a load of pictures that you collect throughout the day. Personally I find that I have to scroll through a million screenshots to see a photo I took just last week.
Here’s how to exclude a folder from Google Photos auto backup feature.
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap the “On device” option.
- You’ll photos grouped by their location on your phone. Scroll about until you find the folder you want to exclude.
- Tap the blue cloud icon by the folder name so that it has a cross through it.