Google Voice is one of my favorite Google apps that I cannot do without. I’ve even kept my service with Sprint due to the Google Voice integration. It backups app all my sms and voicemail to the cloud and syncs it across all my device. There is also a Chrome extension that lets me send text messages straight from my computer. Well, if you don’t have Google Voice but want the same service then mysms Tablet is your app. It will sync your text messages across all devices including your phone, tablet, and computer.
The mysms service and app has been out for a while but there is now a new tablet optimized app. Currently the app is on-sale for $1.99 with the new release. The bad news is for previous users of the app which may now have to pay for the new app. But it has been completely re-written and optimized for the tablet. Features include:
– Send text messages on your tablet
– Receive text messages directly on your tablet
– Sync SMS text messages between smartphone, tablet and desktop computer
– Unlimited free texts to other mysms users
– Remote SMS: Send SMS text messages online on your tablet via your mobile carrier
– Notifications on incoming messages on your tablet
– Mulitimedia: Send pictures and files
– No new number: mysms uses your existing phone number
– SMS backup
– Save texts to Evernote
I think once you get used to having text messages sync across all device then it’s really hard to go back. I never use my phone’s built-in messaging app. Give the mysms tablet app a try and let us know what you think.
Download: mysms Tablet