Amazon has always been honest that they don’t care about making money on their Kindle hardware and rather it’s all about their services. They want you to buy a Kindle in hopes of purchasing music, books, movies, and more from Amazon. The pressure to drop prices on the Kindle has increased with the price drop of the Nook HD tablet and the new Hisense Sero 7 tablet being sold at Walmart for only $99. To stay competitive in the budget tablet Amazon has now lowered their price on the both the Kindle Fire HD 7 and 8.9 devices.
It’s not clear how long these prices will stay in effect so if you are thinking about buying a Kindle then this is probably a good time. You can now get the Kindle Fire HD at $169 and larger Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ for only $269. I would say that the 8.9″ is a pretty good deal right now for a larger tablet. In regards to 7 inch devices, there are several options at about the same or lower than the Kindle. But if you really like the Amazon services and have Prime Membership to watch movies then a Kindle might be your best option. Let us know what you think in the comment section. Are these prices low enough and will you be getting one.
Latest posts by Arash Soheili (see all)
- MobileGo for Android: Android SMS Manager and More - July 21, 2014
- How to Install Android L Preview on Nexus Devices - July 3, 2014
- Google I/O 2014 Starts Today - June 25, 2014
- Google Releases Stock Email App on Google Play Store - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 Specs and Preorder Links - June 15, 2014