If you want to have Google apps on your Kindle Fire then you need to setup your account. Unfortunately the Kindle Fire doesn’t give you any built-in option for adding a Google account. But no worries as adding an account is pretty easy to do and will take less than 10 minutes. You should also do this first if you plan on rooting, installing Google Play Store, or any other Google apps on your Kindle Fire. Here are the instructions for setting up a Google account on your Kindle Fire device:
1. On your Fire, swipe down from the top to get options, click More. In Settings, tap Device, Then turn On “Allow Installation of Applications”.
2. Download Google Service Framework, Google Login Service, and Google Play Service under the “Google Apps for Kindle Fire” from here and transfer them to your Kindle Fire.
3. Using the app ES File Explorer on your Kindle Fire, navigate to where you copied the files.
4. Tap Google Services Framework 4.0.4-40049528.apk to install it. Reboot the device.
5. Using the ES File Explorer again tap GoogleLoginService.apk to install it. Reboot the device.
6. Now Tap GooglePlayServices 3.027.apk to install it. Reboot device.
Now you are ready to add your account. Simply install any Google app (Google+ or Chrome recommended) by using one of the files from here. After installation, open the app by tapping the icon in the app section. It will now ask you to enter your Google email and password. This will now add a Google account to your Kindle Fire. Any future Google apps you install will automatically add your account. Enjoy and let us know if you have any questions or problems in the comment section.
Google Play Store app required root access. After finishing this tutorial head to here for Google Play Store installation.
Latest posts by Arash Soheili (see all)
- Root Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - March 4, 2014
- Auto Reply to Text While Driving with Tasker - February 28, 2014
- Samsung Ditches Android in Favor of Tizen OS - February 23, 2014
- Kindle Fire HDX Update - February 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Tablets Available for Purchase - February 14, 2014