Previously we had announced back in January that Asus was planning on releasing a budget 7″ tablet that would be cheaper than the Nexus 7. Today the Asus MeMO Pad 7″ is now available for purchase from Amazon. The tablet start at $150 compared to the Nexus 7 at $199 for the 16GB version. Now you do lose quite a bit of hardware specs with this tablet but that’s expected at a lower price. Let’s take a look and see what you get exactly with this budget tablet.
The tablet comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and a single core 1 GHz VIA WM8950 CPU with a Mali-400 GPU. The screen resolution is 1024 x 600 with a back camera only and 16GB of storage. The only real advantage this tablet has over the Nexus 7 is that you can add a microSD card for additional storage. In my opinion the extra $50 is well worth it to get a Nexus 7 sporting the best hardware and the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Even if money is that important I would recommend buying a used Nexus 7. But if you want a new tablet and $150 is the right price range then check out the new MeMO Pad 7 and let us know what you think.
Purchase from Amazon: Asus MeMO Pad 7″
Latest posts by Arash Soheili (see all)
- MobileGo for Android: Android SMS Manager and More - July 21, 2014
- How to Install Android L Preview on Nexus Devices - July 3, 2014
- Google I/O 2014 Starts Today - June 25, 2014
- Google Releases Stock Email App on Google Play Store - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 Specs and Preorder Links - June 15, 2014