Although in my opinion Sony has not been that successful in the tablet market that has not stopped them from trying. Last year they released the Xperia Tablet S which was a water-resistant tablet and began the Xperia Tablet marketing. It was plagued with issues and has not done that well in the tablet market. But Sony is now back with the Xperia Tablet Z announced at Mobile World Congress along with the Xperia Z phone. The tablet is again water-resistant and claims to be the thinnest tablet at 6.9 mm thin. Those are great specs but is that enough to gain some traction in the highly competitive tablet market.
The Xperia Tablet Z boast a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset, 2GB of RAM, an 8.1 megapixel rear-camera, 2 megapixel front-camera, and a 1920×1200 display. Definitely not shabby specs and inline with most of the newest Android tablet. Of course the tablet has Playstation certification which could be a bonus if you are a Playstation gamer. It is slated for a Q2 2013 release with a pricing of 16GB for $499 and 32GB will be $599. Is that enough to entice you to buy a Xperia Table Z. Let us know what you think in the comment section.
Latest posts by Arash Soheili (see all)
- HBO Shows Coming to Amazon Prime Members - April 23, 2014
- AllCast App Comes to Amazon Fire TV - April 19, 2014
- Google I/O 2014 Registration - April 15, 2014
- One Day Chance to Become a Glass Explorer on April 15th - April 10, 2014
- The Cleaner App Review – Free Up Memory and Storage - April 9, 2014