Visit the Kindle Fire Community on Google+ for more help and to connect with other Kindle Fire owners
Although the Kindle Fire HD is a great tablet it does not have access to the Google Play Store and specially all the Google apps. Many people use Google services and not being able to use Google apps on their tablet is a bit of a bummer. But luckily the Kindle Fire HD is an Android device at heart and some of those apps can be sideloaded. Today we’ll cover how to install the Google Chrome browser on the Kindle Fire HD. The Amazon built-in silk browser is good but I think the Chrome browser is still the best. So let’s get to it.
First of all, you don’t have to be rooted to install the Chrome browser. In fact, the steps are very easy and once you learn you can try to sideload others apps that you can’t get in the Amazon Appstore. A note to remember is that you can’t sign into Chrome with your Google account since the proper files don’t exist to allow for verification. The instructions are below and be sure to leave a comment if you have any questions or problems.
1. Go to setting » device and choose “on” option for “Allow Installation of Applications”
2. Download a file explorer. I recommend ES File Explorer since it’s free and has an easy to use interface.
3. Download the lates Google Chrome APK file from here.
4. If you downloaded the apk file directly from your Kindle Fire then open up ES File Explorer and navigate to the “Downloads” folder. You should find the Chrome file there. Click on it and choose install. That’s it, you now have Chrome Browser.
4a. If you downloaded the apk file on your computer then you need to first connect the Kindle Fire to your PC or Mac. Transfer the file from your computer to your Kindle Fire. You can put it in any folder but I would either put it in the download folder for ease or create a new folder.
5. Open up ES File Explorer and navigate to the folder where the apk file was transferred. Click on it and choose install. That’s it, you now have Chrome Browser.
6. If you want sign into your Google account on Chrome then follow the instructions here.
As you can see it’s pretty easy to sideload apps. You can try with other apps that are not available in the Amazon Appstore. If you need to get the apk for a certain app then follow instructions from this link. Enjoy and be sure to leave us a comment if you have any questions.