Another day has passed and another Android tablet has been announced. Just recently Samsung unveiled their much anticipated Galaxy Note 10.1 followed by the Galaxy Note 2 at IFA 2012. Not to be outdone, Sony has just announced their next generation tablet called the Sony Xperia Tablet S. It comes with the same unique magazine wedge design as their first tablet with some upgraded hardware.
You’ll get the latest Nvidia quad-core Tegra 3 processor in a thinner design with a full SD card slot for memory expansion. The tablet is also equipped with an IR blaster for use as a remote which seems to be the new standard. Sony has also announced some nice accessories to complement the tablet like a cover with a built-in keyboard and some unique stands. Is this enough to make the tablet standout in a very crowded field. Ultimately you the consumer will answer that question. Full specs and pre-order links are below.
- Operating system: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Display: 9.4-inch (1280 x 800 pixels)
- Processor: Quad-core 1.3 GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU, 1GB of RAM
- Internal storage: 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB
- External storage: SD memory slot
- Cameras: 8-megapixel rear, 1-megapixel rear
- Connectivity: Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0
- Inputs/outputs: USB host 2.0, 1 headphone
- Battery: 6000 mAh
- Dimensions: 9.44 x 6.87 x 0.47 inches
- Weight: 1.31 lbs
- Price: 16 GB for $399; 32 GB for $499, 64 GB for $599