No doubt this weekend many of you will have purchased the brand new Kindle Fire 8.9″ or just received it through your online order. Although it’s a great tablet, its full potential is not obtained unless you can root the device. This will allow for installation of certain apps and customization that would be otherwise not possible. Luckily a root method using an old tool for the Sony tablet seems to be working. This has been confirmed working for many users. The root method is fairly simple and only requires downloading some files and running an executable program. But as always remember that you are the only responsible for your tablet and rooting may void your warranty. Instructions and link to the original thread on XDA can be found below:
- Install drivers for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ by downloading the following file from here.
- Download the latest Bin4ry Root Tool from the following link and extract to a folder on your computer.
- Enable ADB on your Kindle Fire 8.9″ from Settings » Security menu.
- Connect your Kindle Fire to the computer and wait untill all installation is complete.
- Go to the folder where the Bin4ry Root Tool was extracted and double click the RunMe.bat file.
- In the window choose option 2 for “Special” mode.
- The scrip will run and will show errors but you can ignore them.
- On your tablet tap the “restore my data”.
- The tablet will reboot and it may show errors again (ignore).
- Unlock tablet and hit enter on the program.
- On the tablet there will be a blue screen. Enter the commands from the script as shown exactly.
- The tablet will again reboot and that should be it.
That’s it, you are fully rooted. Now, you can run any app that required root access or install Google Play Store. Enjoy and be sure to leave us a comment if you have any questions.
Latest posts by Arash Soheili (see all)
- MobileGo for Android: Android SMS Manager and More - July 21, 2014
- How to Install Android L Preview on Nexus Devices - July 3, 2014
- Google I/O 2014 Starts Today - June 25, 2014
- Google Releases Stock Email App on Google Play Store - June 19, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 Specs and Preorder Links - June 15, 2014